Saturday, September 27, 2008

Farmer's Market Report

Happy Saturday everyone! Today I was able to go to my local Farmer's Market in Saint George, Utah. I love the setting.....Ancestor Square in downtown SG. Today I only had $14 cash on me and no checks, so I went around to all of the vendors first, then decided what I couldn't live without. Note: you can click on the picture which will enlarge it (if you are getting this in your email from me, first go to the blog, then you can enlarge the picture).

My first purchase was the sunflower sprouts. I think that this is my first purchase of every farmer's market trip. I am such a creature of habit! If you haven't tried sunflower sprouts, then you really need to. I love them in my salads or with scrambled eggs. I had a nice little visit with the vendor, Lea's Micro Market. I told her how lame my sunflower sprouts were, and she filled me in on the secret to successfully growing my own. I'll save that for another post....you better come back if you're really wanting to know!

OK, I love the vendor where I purchased the pomegranate. I also got the grapes from her. I always buy things from her.....like the figs in previous visits. If you want to see my previous farmer's market reports, go to my other blog, http://thedesertfleamarket.blogspot.com/ .

On the way out I saw these wonderful onions, and I needed that for the Carolina Crock pot Chicken recipe I am making for Sunday dinner (which also happens to be my DS#1's birthday celebration dinner).

I tasted some terrific refrigerator pickles from a gal named Julie. For $3 a small bottle, I caved in and parted with the cash. Yea, I know, I could make my own, but not having a garden, I am not tempted this year. Maybe next year I'll get something going with a garden.



I had $2 left, and was at the car, and felt impressed to go back and buy the garlic. I got 3 for $1 and then got 3 peaches for $1 from the same vendor. So, I have no more cash, but I do have some lovely produce. I had to take another picture of the grapes, because they look so gorgeous!

I'm off to make a green smoothie. Maybe I'll take some pictures and share the recipe with you!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I hope you post your chicken recipe!!!

Glenda said...

Sherri, I will definitely post the chicken recipe. I think that I'll be posting almost daily here...so much to do and say about food! Thanks for stopping by!