Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tilapia with Ritz Cracker Crust

I made this tasty fish for Easter Dinner (we aren't big on ham). It is a great recipe, and the entire family raved about it.


The above picture is of the Ritz crackers I used. It is their "toasted chips" variety, and is supposed to be healthier than potato chips.

Here is the recipe:

Ritzy Tilapia

4-6 tilapia fillet, 6 oz each (I got mine from from Costco in the frozen fish section)
40 crackers (more if you want)
2 TBSP butter



  • defrost fish if frozen (I put mine in the microwave, 5 minutes at 50% power)

  • melt butter

  • grease bottom of 9x13" pan

  • put defrosted fish in pan

  • put crackers in zip lock bag, run over with rolling pin to crush

  • brush butter on top of fish

  • sprinkle crushed crackers on fish and pat down

  • bake at 350* for about 10 minutes

I served the tilapia with rice, corn, and steamed green beans. Let me know if you give the recipe a try, and how you liked it.

2 comments:

Norah said...

I left an award for you at my blog.

Glenda said...

Hey, thanks!