Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sliced Tomato Sandwich on Croissant with Balsamic Drizzle

This is officially my favorite summer food right now! I had this sandwich for lunch yesterday, and again for lunch today. Delicious! It is a Tomato Sandwich on Croissant with Balsamic Drizzle. Begin with a croissant. I got a flat of them at Costco. You can find them in the larger grocery stores. Slice it lengthwise, in half. Find some ripe, ready to eat tomatoes, either from your garden or farmers market (or in my case, Costco!)
Slice the tomatoes. I like the slices on the thick side. Layer them on the bottom half of the croissant.
Crack some fresh pepper and salt on the tomatoes, to taste.
Drizzle some balsamic reduction on the tomatoes. I am addicted to this stuff. Low calories and totally delish! I bought mine at Whole Foods. I might start carrying it on my blog for those of you who can't find it in stores. It is perfect on salads instead of heavy dressing.
Yummmmmy! See how fantastic that looks?
There you have it! Enjoy all of those tomatoes this summer. And if you have extra from your garden, share this recipe and a few tomatoes with your neighbor or friend. They'll love you for it!

1 comment:

Kristy Lou said...

I LOVE tomatoes... so this one will definitely be one I have to try! Thanks for the post!!