Sunday, February 6, 2011

Country Pot Roast


I've told you about my favorite go to cook book, The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cookbook. The recipes are fantastic, and no fail. I received the cookbook as a wedding gift nearly 28 years ago. We love the recipe for Country Pot Roast. I understand that the older version is better than the newer version.
We are not big meat eaters, but I do have a side of beef in my freezer that needs to be used up by June. Therefore, we eat meat about 1-2 times a week.

I have about 4 chuck roasts left to use, so I knew that we'd be having Country Pot Roast for Sunday dinner. It is so easy to make. Rub seasoning and flour into the meat surfaces, brown in some olive oil on all sides, and slip it into a crock pot.

Well, there is a bit more to it, but not much. Here is the link to the recipe. In the cookbook, it does not call for the broth, so I didn't add any. Serve it with mashed potatoes. All of that pureed vegetable/broth makes for a wonderful gravy!

2 comments:

Viki said...

Thank you so much for the link. We recently moved and my cookbook has been packed into an unknown box! This is my favorite pot roast recipe and I am grateful to be able to make it without having to troll through dozens of boxes in search of the book! Thanks again!!

Glenda said...

Isn't it just the best?! Our family loves it. Good luck on your unpacking project!