Monday, July 30, 2012

Green Bean, Cucumber and Cherry Tomato Salad


Hopefully, like me, you have plenty of cherry tomatoes growing in your garden. I love eating them just picked from the garden, so it is amazing that any make it back into the kitchen! I'm not growing green beans this year, but I got some locally grown for this recipe.

This salad is a perfect side dish, or can be eaten as a main course. I like to include it as one of several salads for our evening meal.


Green Bean, Cucumber and Cherry Tomato Salad


1-2 cups green beans, blanched and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 large seedless cucumber, chopped
1/2 c. chopped flat leaf parsley

3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1 TBSP lemon juice
4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Assemble all vegetables in a bowl. Mix balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper into a small bowl and whisk until blended; pour desired amount of dressing over the vegetables.



No comments: