Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wilted Green Beans with Red Onion

My friend, Char, gave me a wonderful cookbook last fall. I really love it! Our friend, Martha, had checked the book out of the library, and Char thought we both needed our own copy. The recipes are easy yet satisfying. I had a big package of green beans (Costo purchase of course!) that needed to be used, so I thumbed through The Simpler the Better by Leslie Revsin, and found this very easy but delicious recipe for wilted green beans with red onion!

First, begin by rinsing and trimming your green beans, and put them in a large pot.

You'll need some olive oil and red onion. And red wine vinegar (I put white in the picture..oops!).
Slice a red onion, thinly sliced. I used a mandoline.

Put the green beans and red onion in the pot, and drizzle with a few TBSP of olive oil and some salt to taste.

Cook on high until it begins to sizzle, then reduce to low and cover for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. Take off heat, and add a few teaspoons of red wine vinegar. YUMMY!


No comments: