Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Growing Microgreens


Microgreens are a quick way to grow delicious produce from your garden or kitchen.  They are grown from radish, cabbage, beet, and other greens. They usually take about 10 days to grow, and are cut off when they reach 2-3 inches just above the soil line.


(picture courtesy of Sunset.com)
I wanted to share an excellent video with you on growing microgreens. I found it on YouTube, and it is  by a company who grows microgreens for sales to restaurants and farmer's markets in their area. I think that the principles of growing can be used for home production as well.

The one type of microgreens that I love to grow are sunflower greens. They are so tasty.


I buy my microgreens seed from sproutshop. I've used sunflower greens for many years. Here is a recipe that I posted back in 2008 for sprout burgers using sunflower greens.

No comments: