Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Quinoa, Red Lentil and Chia Pilaf


I found this recipe over at Original Fast Foods, and decided to give it a try. It makes a delicious side dish for fish. I had some (leftover) for lunch with some sliced tomatoes. I tripled the recipe so that I could put some in the freezer. I found this to be a one of those recipes that will be used often!

Quinoa, Red Lentil and Chia Pilaf
from http://originalfastfoods.com
1/3 c. quinoa (I use Bob's Red Mill as it is pre-rinsed)
1/3 c. red lentils
2 TBSP chia seed
1/3 c. shallots or onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 c. broth
1 large red or green sweet pepper, chopped (I used yellow since it was in the fridge)
1 large carrot, chopped
1/4 tsp thyme

If your quinoa isn't rinsed, so this first. Pick through the lentils for stems, rocks, etc and rinse these as well. Add all ingredients into a pot except for the pepper and the carrot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until quinoa and red lentils are tender.

No comments: