Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Disneyland and Mission Tortillas / Boudin Sourdough Bread

We had a family weekend at Disneyland just last weekend and had a great time. My idea of a great time and that of my DH and DS's is just a bit different. We ran from attraction to attraction as a family most of the time, but when we were in California Adventure, we parted ways for a time. They wanted to ride the Tower of Terror (I think that is what it is called), so I made my way over to the Mission Tortilla Tour. I am a huge Mission Tortilla fan. If I'm not making my own tortillas, I usually buy this brand.

I'm not sure exactly what the equipment is in the first picture, but below is where the dough pieces go down the conveyor belt from the right, and are flattened into tortillas in the press (middle). You can click on the picture to see this close up.


Next, they are heated, and then, they are cooled on the conveyor belt (left).

After they come off of the belt, a nice Mission Tortilla employee hands you a freshly made tortilla....yummy!
They have a person that also shows you a variety of ways to use their product. They had recipe cards to take also.

Boudin Sourdough Bakery tour was right across the way. I went through that tour also. I didn't get pictures....sorry! I was too busy juggling my bag, backpack and half eaten tortilla. If you do go to California Adventure, you'll have to take these tours. You won't be disappointed!
Oh, by the way, I have actually ordered some of Boudin's sourdough bread. They have some cool stuff through mail order. This makes a great gift also! http://www.boudinbakery.com/

1 comment:

Angel said...

Last time we went to DL, I think we hit the Mission tour like 10-15 times in 5 days! lol. They are sooooo good!