Thursday, October 16, 2008

Garlic and Ginger in a tube!

I thought I'd introduce you to one of my favorite cooking items, Gourmet Garden Ginger and Garlic. They carry other items in a tube also, but these are my favorite! Whenever I am cooking and need some garlic or ginger, I just get the tube out of the fridge, squirt some into the pan or bowl, and that is that! Instant flavor without the mess. Now, usually I use fresh garlic or ginger, but there are times that I am out, so this is great to have on hand. Also, when it gets close to the expiration date, I just put the tubes in the freezer. I don't even have to defrost it as it is soft enough to squeeze out straight from the freezer. Great stuff. Wonderful flavor.

You can find this in the produce section of your grocery store, usually near the fresh herbs. If you can't find it, ask your produce person...they can order it for you!

No comments: