Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bountiful Basket Coop 3-12-11

It is a beautiful day here in Southern Utah! It is in the 70's today, and I can't wait to get out into the garden this afternoon. I have to do some errands first :) Well, here is the haul that we received today in our Bountiful Baskets. I forgot to include the beautiful apples....put them right into the crisper when I got home. So, fruit included apples, bananas, cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries and blackberries. Vegetable fare included green cauliflower (love this stuff), asparagus, green beans, green leaf lettuce and Roma tomatoes. I think it is a very nice basket today. I've already prepped the cauliflower and lettuce. I'm going to try an awesome recipe using the asparagus for dinner. I'll share pictures. I also got the Italian Pack which was $7.50, and included baby bella mushrooms, regular mushrooms, red onion, 2 sweet onions, head of garlic, fresh cilantro, basil, oregano and rosemary. It all looks and smells so good!
The best thing next to picking it from your own garden, is getting a basket for $15 with all of the fruit and vegetables. It really helps us to eat more produce when we get a basket.

2 comments:

miklamx said...

Have you heard of Quality Farm Foods? I was wondering if they're similar.

Glenda said...

miklamx, I haven't heard of Quality Farm Foods. Bountiful Baskets is a coop here in the west. Check them out at www.bountifulbaskets.org