Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Roasted Asparagus With Honey Dill Vinaigrette

I purchased a copy of Where Woman Cook March/April/May 2011 issue. There are some delicious recipes to try in the magazine. Tonight, I cooked up the roasted asparagus with honey dill vinaigrette. It was amazing. I had a portabella mushroom, sliced zucchini and sliced onion that I cooked in the vinaigrette when I had finished cooking the asparagus. I pan sauteed them instead of grilling them. Very nice! I served plates full of vegetables for dinner, along with a salad. Perfect meal.

Here is the recipe for the Honey Dill Vinaigrette:

1/4 c. olive oil
2 TBSP honey
1 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP Dijon mustard
1 TBSP fresh dill (or 1 tsp dried)
Pinch of sea salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste

I had about a TBSP of Dijon left in a small container, so I added everything else to the mustard. You need to shake it up until it is mixed well. Then, use this as a marinade for your vegetables. Roast on the grill, or on a grill pan.

No comments: