Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Awesome bread making blog!



I came across a wonderful blog yesterday. I wanted to make some bread using up some of my huge stash of oats. I was pleasantly surprise to find the blog of Farmgirl Fare! Her oatmeal toasting bread is just plain wonderful! I was so pleased that I had all of the ingredients on hand to make this bread in the first place. I do use a Bosch mixer, so I did eliminate the first rising of the dough.

I am going to make her recipe for Honey Bran Whole Wheat Sandwich bread next. I just need to pick up some wheat bran today while I'm out.

Anyway, I had 3 loaves of bread last night, and only have part of one loaf left...yep, it is that good! Don't worry, we didn't stuff ourselves silly......well, one loaf is gone...hmmmmm. I did send a loaf home with my adult sons. This is a nice, dense loaf of bread....no airy stuff here! Go check out her blog, and leave her a comment.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Oh my goodness!
I wish I hadn't already thawed a loaf of store bought artisan bread for dinner tonight.
I'd try something from there!
Thanks for the new bookmark!

Glenda said...

Trish, don't worry, there is always another day for baking! Hey, don't forget to enter the progresso contest here on my blog...it ends tomorrow!