Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bok Choy Smoothie using my Vita Mix

This week I am not following my breakfast menus at all! It's OK though, because cold and hot cereal are not going to go bad in my pantry! I am loving my morning smoothie creations. Yesterday I was at Costco picking up a few items, and a woman was doing a Vita mix demo. Of course, she had the new, more bells and whistles Vita mix. Price of a new one was $389, or something very close to that. I've had my Vita mix for about 20 years, and it is still blending away! Can I just say, that if you have that kind of money to spend right now, it is a fantastic investment. Anyway, she got me in the mood to experiment more with my Vita mix creations.

I took a look into the produce drawer of the refrigerator this morning and found a bag of baby bok choy I had purchased at the Farmer's Market. Hmmmm....OK...what the heck, thought I'd give it a go. To that I added some Italian parsley, a pear and 1/4 c. organic red seedless grapes.
Once all of that was in the blender, I added a 12 oz glass filled with ice and 1/2 c. lemonade. Blended it for about 1 minute.

Spinach is always a good choice for the smoothies as it really has no taste when raw. The bok choy has an earthy taste to it, but you know, it was really very good! I have now gotten in 3-4 servings of fruits and vegetables this morning which includes the highly nutritious leafy greens! Total calorie count is about 250 calories. Yield is about 2 cups.


I'm full now because I drank the entire 2 cups. Well, it is only 250 calories....I'm just saying....

No comments: